The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ah, just noticed the “10.9” only on the test builds page. Guess that’s my cue to update to Mavericks.

Cannot say how happy I am to see updates on my favorite browser - OmniWeb! Even with limited support in the past few years, Omniweb just continued to do things I couldn't find in any other browser.

Now it looks like I have to update to Mavericks so that I can make use of the new features!

I’m seeing OW 6.0 r.197504 crash every time a page with Flash plugins on it loads. Not on the initial page load, but once I click on the area where the plugin should be.

Eg. with YouTube videos I hear audio playing but there is no video.

Updated Flash player to make sure that wasn’t the issue and disabled any ad-blocking. The same sites seem ok in Safari.

I wasn’t having any issues with Flash prior to upgrading to 10.9 and downloading the latest test build of OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhancpetram View Post
I’m seeing OW 6.0 r.197504 crash every time a page with Flash plugins on it loads. Not on the initial page load, but once I click on the area where the plugin should be.
Thanks! I've been seeing this since upgrading to 10.9 too, but haven't yet had a chance to look into what broke.

Thanks for your dedication to OW, Ken. The latest build is incredibly fast. One problem I’m having though is that Keychain is no longer opening to fill in passwords as before. Keychain still works on Safari. Anyone here have any idea what the problem might be? As far as I can recall I haven’t made any significant changes in settings recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
The latest build is incredibly fast. One problem I’m having though is that Keychain is no longer opening to fill in passwords as before.
No problem here with build 197627. Which build are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Zappe View Post
No problem here with build 197627. Which build are you using?
Thanks for your reply, Uli. I downloaded build 197882 which is the latest, and I'm running it on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro with OS 10.9.

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, Uli. I downloaded build 197882 which is the latest, and I'm running it on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro with OS 10.9.
I see. The builds are coming so fast it's hard to keep track. ;-)

Hmmm – so I think I'll wait a few days until my next update …

Thanks for bringing this up!

Quote:
Hmm, the keychain is still working for me with that build on an identical configuration.

My suggestion is to open the Keychain Access app, then open the keychain entry you're trying to use, and double-check that your Access Control settings for that entry are configured to allow access by OmniWeb 6.

Thanks, Ken: that seems to have been the problem. Changing
“Confirm before allowing access” to “Allow all applications to access this item” in Access Control got Keychain working again