The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab to indent? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I want to indent an item I have to hit Command-Bracket.

I keep wanting to hit Tab, since it's so much more intuitive, and since all outliners (including OmniOutline) work that way. Is there some reason we don't use Tab for this in OF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
Is there some reason we don't use Tab for this in OF?
Tab moves between fields in the row, like most multi-column applications.

OmniOutliner can be set to work the same way (see Preferences, Keyboard pane), which is how I tend to use it since I often have multi-column OO documents.

If Tab indented a row in OF, what would you suggested as the key to move between fields?

Curt

Control Tab?

I guess it comes down to which do you use more? I use indenting more, so I'm looking for the most intuitive way to do that. It might be nice if we could customize keyboard shortcuts, as some other programs allow. But failing that, at least I know why Tab doesn't do what I thought it would, now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

rb