The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb 5.7 Sneaky Peeks now available. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me or did the latest sneaky peek break the Licensing? My copy keeps saying no licences are available. if i delete and re-enter one then its fine until i open a new window, then it reverts to saying its unlicensed again.

Revs: update to the latest alpha and if you do continue to see issues, please send us some mail at omniweb5@omnigroup.com and we'll look into it. Same for anyone else having issues, please send feedback to let us know.

Thanks!

Long time fan, first time caller. I don't really mind the new icons, though the graphite buttons could stand to look a little more different in their enabled/disabled states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
However, what I find even more disturbing is the favourites bar, which is way too bright for the dark unified look of applications running in Leopard. Would it be possible to make it look darker in Leopard?
I agree with this—the bright favorites bar stands out and doesn't fit in with other apps very well. In addition, although the folder icons are meant to look like those Apple uses now, the color doesn't match exactly. Somehow I notice it and it bothers me; I don't claim it's rational.

I might also recommend a dark status bar.

Under the new interface, Gmail does not stop loading. Though the page appears complete, the status indicator spins incessantly. This does not occur in Safari 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese View Post
On the other hand, if you are into numerology, from a Judaeo-Christian point of view, 666 is hardly auspicious either!

;-)

Mark
Precisely why I selected it! No wonder no netizens dare to flame me on these boards. I have great fire power at my disposal.

The latest update for Sneaky Peeks says "$14.95" next to it. Do we now have to pay to get the latest version of Sneaky Peeks 5.7? What's up with that? I love OmniWeb, but now after two major revisions the Netflix issue is still there when rating movies. I would gladly pay for a new version that fixed that problem, but I'm not going to pay for an alpha of a new version that doesn't.

Hi, we only charge for major new versions (5.0, 6.0, etc). 5.7 is a point release and these are always free.

Just to say that OmniWeb 5.7 SneakyPeek is a "Grand Cru"!
Thanks to Omni crew.

I find the very latest builds more and more crashy than before ...

Wow. I must say that the latest SP, 97021, is finally competitive with the combination of Safari+Safaristand. Speed, features, they all seem to be finally there.