The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Erroneous Sync error messages in v1.8 [now fixed in 1.8.1] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
There's a known bug in 1.8 that's been acknowledged; it should be fixed in 1.8.1 I believe.
I've been seeing this too - good to know it's been reported - looking forward to the fix...

One more thing about this - the sync seems to be successful - but the error is displayed afterward. This is what I'm seeing. Still sound like the same issue?

Yes it is the same. If you look here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18992

you will see this.

Greetings

Add me to the list. Hope for a quick 1.8.1. Also, setting the screen dimming to auto isn't really an option. Sometimes when in dark places I like to have my phone with very little to almost no light. So I don't stick out of an audience like a dead old fish.

Also, Brian, your workaround didn't work for me: I restarted the device, set the brightness to auto (just to test it), started omnifocus, did a sync and omnifocus crashes (meaning the app is closed and I'm back on the homescreen).

Last edited by FatalError; 2010-11-23 at 11:05 PM..

I have a similar but not identical problem. I am syncing via MobileMe.

If I leave OmniFocus open but sitting in the background, syncing usually doesn't work when I open the fast application switching screen and tap on the app to bring it to the front. Mostly, I do not get a timed out error. Instead, the sync graphics just continually spins in the toolbar. If I quit the application and reopen it, the sync works without a problem. The issue seems to be related to placing the application in the background rather than dimming the screen.

Hello all..

Has anyone else been getting this message lately, when they try to sync with their iphones?

'Unable to sync database with server'

Sometimes the rest of the message says, 'the request timed out' with an invitation to cancel or retry.... Sometimes the rest of the message says, 'domain name not recognised'

However.. each of the times I get either of these messages, at least as far as I can tell, my iphone HAS actually been syncing with the server, as I see the new tasks added to my Mac soon afterward.

I am syncing with Mobile Me..

Any ideas? Its obviously a wee bit disconcerting to be getting messages like this and wondering each time if they are the truth or not.

Ah right... Thanks! :-)

Ok so I'm not alone.. Guess I'll just sit tight then until there's a fix.

Merged the various message-specific threads into one more general one, then stickied that thread.

Really impressive and fast response, OmniFolk.... Thanks! :-)