The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shortcuts for the MAC please Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would anyone mind briefly explaining the shortcuts that are available to me on my Mac (or my iphone) for saving data in OF - as well as perhaps providing a link or pointing out the terms I should be using to search this in the Help Menu.

I am particularly interested in copying text from a newsletter and quickly dropping it into OF. Same for an email, webpage or url of a web page.

Also other suggestions or advice would be really welcome as I try and get started with these items.

Thanks.

Open OmniFocus' preferences and see the Clippings section.

Hi Dave.

Thanks very much.

Can I please ask you if there is a way to add text from something like Postbox, which is where all my mail comes in? I mean, I guess I can't select text and automatically add it? In this case (or a similar case) I would have to open a Task and drop it in there, yes?

Thanks again...

I don't use Postbox so I don't know if there's a better way than copying text, using the shortcut you set up to open the OmniFocus Quick Entry window (see General tab of the preferences) and paste it in there or not. It sounds like you're just getting started with OmniFocus so you may want to watch some of the screencasts OmniGroup has had made showing how to use it effectively.

Our built-in clipping service works across all many OS X apps, but the Postbox folks took the additional step of adding their own "Send to OmniFocus" feature.

Here's a link to their announcement from when they added the feature; I used Postbox some while they were working on this, but I haven't used it much since then. If you contact their support folks, they can probably help if you have any trouble with it. Hope that helps!