The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is this a flaw in Omnifocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've recently purchased and I'm attempting to build a sustainable hierachy of Folders/Projects/Actions.

The natural order to me would seem e.g. "Work"/"Personal" (Folders), "Legal"/"Marketing"/"Household" (Projects), "Individual tasks" (Actions)

On the surface this is good, as I would wish to be able to quickly assign tasks to each of the stated projects. On the other hand, these projects are all intended to remain there in perpetuity, i.e. Even if there are no tasks attached to "Legal" for now, I would want it to remain as there surely will be in the future - but this goes against their status as "Projects," i.e. Something to be completed. I would also not wish to "complete" one of them by accident.

If I choose the alternative route and make them each folders, then I lose the ability to assign things to them, as you can only assign to Projects and Contexts...

Is there a "best practice" here?