The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Groupings... one of my favorite things Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love how OF does groupings!

I use the due date grouping all the time, and is usually how I process items in the contexts.

One of the cool things about how OF does them, is the horizontal grey line that separates the groups cleanly.

I also love the general grouping names.
Today, yesterday, last week, next week.

Some other points I love about the separation:
• The separation is clear
• I can see future items
• I can complete today's items, and feel like I completed something, even if there are items to complete for tomorrow... because those items are safely stored in the tomorrow grouping.
• If I want to look at tomorrow's items I can.
• If I get behind in items, I can see them clearly, and separately from today's items.
• I can hide yesterday's items, and work on what is due today.

It's brilliant in a simple way.

Thank you OF.

Thanks for posting that. I hadn't really used Groupings (found it) and it's a very useful feature. I suspect it will be one of my most used views.

ueila in ch

I've been playing around with the groupings more since you mentioned them in another thread. I think they will be very useful to me also.