The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF iPhone HTML Export Script Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

just uploaded a new version that fixed some bugs find by people here on the forum (thanks granin). The solution right now is not as nice and elegant as before but works and I guess that's more important. :)

I also embedded some of the iUI-background images directly in the stylesheet wich makes the output a bit nicer.

@MacSparky: the commands starting with "sudo" are supposed to ask for your password. sudo = SuperUser DO since you have to have access to system files to install the gems and developer tools.

@bernietheone: Thanks!

@jet14: Is your OmniFocus.app located in /Applications? Is it possible to e-mail me a sample document that triggers the bug? martin (at) burnfield (dot) com

Quote:
Originally Posted by haraldmartin View Post
@jet14: Is your OmniFocus.app located in /Applications?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haraldmartin View Post
Is it possible to e-mail me a sample document that triggers the bug? martin (at) burnfield (dot) com
Sent. As I said in that message, it does seem to be something about my DB, as the script ran fine when I dumped my DB and just loaded the "sample" info OF starts with.

Thanks again,

J

Well I'm trying to get the script to work and I'm pulling an error with this section of code in OFfline.rb:

li.task :style => 'display: none;' do |l|

(it's line 36 in the script)
I ran it through Komodo and it's showing a syntax error and the next line gives me an error of "useless use of | in void context" (again Komodo is reporting this).
The ruby gems installed fine. I'm assuming the OFfline folder doesn't need to be in a particular location (I just got the new updates of OmniFocus tonight).
I'm running 10.4.11 and OmniFocus 46.0.94800.

Thanks....

@Jet: as I said in the email; there's a new version uploaded that works with your db so update your script to the latest version.

http://burnfield.com/martin/wordpres...ds/OFfline.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdtDelta View Post
Well I'm trying to get the script to work and I'm pulling an error with this section of code in OFfline.rb:

li.task :style => 'display: none;' do |l|

(it's line 36 in the script)
I ran it through Komodo and it's showing a syntax error and the next line gives me an error of "useless use of | in void context" (again Komodo is reporting this).
Thanks....
If you're running Tiger and haven't upgraded your local copy of Ruby there might be a problem with this style. What version of Ruby are you running? Just type this into Terminal.app:

ruby -v

Can you try and change the line causing the error to

li.task(:style => 'display: none;') do |l|

and let me know if it works?

Well I did a port install ruby to get me up to date (I also updated rubygems just in case). So here's what I'm running now:

ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.10.1]

I made the change in the line and that seemed to make Komodo's error checking happy.
However now the error I'm getting is:

OFfline.rb:17:in 'require': No such file to load -- rubygems
(LoadError)

Which I suspect means it doesn't see my rubygems install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdtDelta View Post
Well I did a port install ruby to get me up to date (I also updated rubygems just in case). So here's what I'm running now:

ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.10.1]

I made the change in the line and that seemed to make Komodo's error checking happy.
However now the error I'm getting is:

OFfline.rb:17:in 'require': No such file to load -- rubygems
(LoadError)

Which I suspect means it doesn't see my rubygems install?
Did you symlink /usr/bin/ruby to the new, updated version (in /opt/local if you installed via mac ports)?

try this:
which version?
/usr/bin/ruby -v
/opt/local/bin/ruby -v

If the version living in /usr isn't the newest but the version built into Tiger (1.8.2 I believe) you should be able to fix this by linking the version in /usr/bin to the mac ports version:

sudo mv /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/ruby~
sudo ln -nfs /opt/local/bin/ruby /usr/bin/ruby

This should fix Rubygems as well if you installed them via Mac Ports.

You can try to run the from the ruby living in /opt:
/opt/local/bin/ruby ~/Desktop/OFfline/OFfline.rb

(change to match your real path of course). Does it work?

Please backup everything before etc so nothing is damaged.

Well I checked the version of Ruby again and you were right, it moved. So I linked it like you said and ran the command line version you gave and got this output:

/Users/username/Downloads/OFfline/OFfline.rb:36: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rb-appscript-0.4.0/lib/appscript.rb:505:in `_send_command': CommandError (Appscript::CommandError)
OSERROR: 1
MESSAGE: NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 3 (The object or objects specified by the direct parameter to a command could not be found.)
COMMAND: app("/Applications/OmniFocus.app").documents.ID("lwsmxzYTdmG").projec ts.ID("k2Yu0hmELKd").root_task.parent_task.name.ge t()
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rb-appscript-0.4.0/lib/appscript.rb:585:in `method_missing'
from /Users/username/Downloads/OFfline/OFfline.rb:22:in `markup_for_task'
from /Users/username/Downloads/OFfline/OFfline.rb:40:in `each_context'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/builder.rb:123:in `instance_eval'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/builder.rb:123:in `capture'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/builder.rb:155:in `tag!'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/builder.rb:211:in `html_tag'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/cssproxy.rb:43:in `call'
... 26 levels...
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/builder.rb:155:in `tag!'
from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/markaby-0.5/lib/markaby/builder.rb:217:in `html_tag'
from (eval):3:in `html'
from /Users/username/Downloads/OFfline/OFfline.rb:71

No, sorry I didn't realize you had updated it.

Ok, so I got the new version and ran the sync without errors. But now I have a little weird issue. I use 1Password on my machine, and sync that with my iPhone. It looks like your script is overwriting that entry in my Safari bookmarks (they both have an address that starts with data:text/html). I can get it back by syncing 1Password again, so it's just a FIFO sort of thing. Is there any way to seperate two bookmarks that use the same data:text/html URL?