The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sneakypeek Build questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If we have a question regarding Sneakypeek builds, do we put them in the General forum or is there a different place to post? Or do you want us to just submit everything through the Send Feedback link in the application?

Thanks,
CdtDelta

If your question might be answerable by another user, it's fine to post in this forum (or the syncing one, as appropriate).

If you want to be sure that an Omni Support Ninja reads your message, please use the "Send Feedback" menu item. This is the best way to get us to consider your feature request, fix the bug you just found, unscramble your database, or explain how to do something.

(Right now we are still running about a week behind on responding to emails. If you've got an urgent issue (like OmniFocus completely refusing to launch without crashing), please feel free to urgent@omnigroup.com instead of omnifocus@omnigroup.com so we can try to get to it a little sooner.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-08-05 at 10:54 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Right now we are still running about a week behind on responding to emails.
With respect Lizard, I think that's very optimistic. So far, I've been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for a reply [OG #313396].

Events have largely overtaken the issues I had, so maybe you thought I didn't need a reply anymore, but they weren't just bug reports, they were specific requests for help, so I'd at least have expected a "please try the latest version" reply.

As it is I only know you've made progress because I hang around here. If I didn't, I'd almost certainly have moved on to another product by now.

Contrary to the sticky, posting here is FAR more likely to get a response than e-mail is, in my experience anyway.

BTW, I fully understand why responses may take a while at the moment, and don't even mind that they do. I just think your auto-responders should reflect the true picture, as should posts you make here.

Mark

I'm sorry. You're right, MacBerry. Most of the tickets I've been answering lately were about a week old, but there are a number in there that are 2 or 3 weeks old.

As for getting a faster response on the forums...yes, I and a couple other people are trying to keep up with questions on the forums because some people don't read that sticky thread and post here anyways. And we might miss a question or two, so we don't want people to count on this method of reaching us.

MacBerry, just so you know, when you responded to your original email, it ended up with a different ID: specifically #314789.

What we're essentially doing is triaging tickets as they come in and responding to the newest and most urgent tickets, then working backwards as we're able. We're best able to help out the customers by helping the engineers, which means feeding them the most current information so they can fix the problems that are generating many of the emails.

I'm also hiring another ninja, of course.