The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Runtime app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Omni,
How about a runtime viewer for existing graffles that have significant interaction? It would make expanding those feature more worthwhile-- Then people could use them much more broadly. My issue is that I have diagrams with great interactivity potential, but no way to present them without the Omnigraffle app. This means those features don't work (or at least inelegant) over a web browser or any non-Mac OS machine. Any plans for this? Or are there great solutions I'm missing?

Thanks,
Brian

Some actions on objects in OG are included when you export to pdf or to an HTML image map. I've done some moderately complex interactive user-interface mockups using HTML export. Actions that navigate within the OG document or open URLs work in the exported file(s). Script and show/hide layers actions don't. As far as I can tell, open-file actions work only in pdfs, and then depend on the file type and the pdf viewing application.

Last edited by john.gersh; 2011-04-28 at 06:49 AM..

Thanks for the clarification and info! Unfortunately, the layer features would be the most useful, although being able to navigate with actions could also be helpful. It's just odd that the features of this app are so geared towards interaction and presentation, but then they require the app to use them. Anyone have any other tricks?