The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

date format resets when opening in version 3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
in trying to problem solve an issue, I closed my version 4 file and opened it in version 3. When I opened it again in version 4, the format I had chosen for the date column changed.

Scott

There has been changes to date formats between 3 and 4. I don't recall all the specifics but this is not surprising. The value should still be the same though.

OmniOutliner 3 used system-provided date formatting support that was different from ISO-standard date format, and could not represent a number of desirable formats. Since v3's release, the system date formatting support changed to the ISO standard, and we adopted that for OmniOutliner on the iPad and for OmniOutliner 4. While in many cases we could do direct translations, in some cases we couldn't, so a given format may be different between version 3 and version 4. If a date format set in one version gets read in and then re-saved with the other version, the format can change. (Especially when saving on OmniOutliner 3, which simply doesn't have any knowledge of the newer formatting.)