The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stencils that update themselves Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm desperately after a feature, which as far as I can see, OmniGraffle doesn't contain. I need to be able to create a stencil, add it to a page, then update the stencil and for it to update every instance of that stencil on the page.

Is this possible? I can't work out how I might do it.

Thanks.

You could copy as PDF from the Edit Menu, and then paste the PDF and it will be a LinkBack object.

Double-clicking the pasted PDF will create a new window where you can edit the Graffle objects, save, and all instances will update.

A little clunky, but worth trying out.