The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A Long-Winded Right-Brainer's Journey Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
...The only controls that aren't available are the repeat controls, and that's simply because they don't easily fit in a small amount of space.
Now that we have an icon representing the existence of repeat controls, perhaps it can become a button to launch a small in-place popup (a-la the mini-dictionary).

I notice some of this discussion talks about specifics to the use of OmniFocus - so at the risk of going off on a complete tangent - I saw the subject of this topic and can't help but wonder who else here as read Daniel Pink's A Whole New Mind?

@hoju: I just invited peeps in LA to get together - how serendipitous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Did you know that almost all of the controls from the Inspector are already available in the main window, if you show additional columns using the View->Columns menu? The only controls that aren't available are the repeat controls, and that's simply because they don't easily fit in a small amount of space.
I like the inspector. One thing that makes me use the inspector, is the need to use the repetitive event settings. It takes me a keyboard shortcut to pull the inspector, and i need to move my hand to mouse to click on the needed fields in the inspector to make changes.

I would greatly appreciate if keyboard browsing was possible in the inspector. Say I can pull up the inspecter by using apple+shift+i, then I would like to hit tab to go to each form in the inspector than using the mouse to click on the fields to set the cursor.

This is a great story. Thanks for sharing. I tend to be more right-brained myself, and aesthetics play a big impact in how effective I am. This is true both in technology and physical surroundings. I struggled for a long time trying to understand what was wrong with me <g>, until I read the book "The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp. That book along with GTD are now books I go back and reread, gaining new insight every time.