The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webdav sync failed: zip-write-in-progress [Fastmail server issue] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I've only just noticed, but syncing seems to have run into a major snag in Omnifocus these past couple of days.

Setup is as follows:

I use the webdav services provided by my mail provider, Fastmail.fm. It's been pretty robust and reliable the past half year or so.

I use 3 devices: 2 macbooks, and 1 iPhone. All three now report that they cannot sync, because of the following:

Could not access the webdav location:
https://dav.messagingengine.com/xxxxx[obscured]xxxxx/files/private/OmniFocus.ofocus/20090820090046%3DmtvtqTkkEvJ%2Bc9nvY89w_l2.zip-write-in-progress-hvXILORweb3

When I browse to the file storage, I note that there's now a great many files that contain the zip-write-in-progress bit in their filename.

I assume there's some sort of file locking going on, but restarting the devices didn't help. How do I go about fixing this?

-edit- It appears to be fastmail-related: see this thread over at emaildiscussions.com: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=57211

Last edited by raxtor; 2009-08-20 at 01:58 AM..