The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Times in Recurring Chores Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can one of you OF gurus tell me how to accomplish this?

I have daily tasks, which I need to get done between certain times, say 10:00 and 12:00 each day. If I don't get them done on Monday, then I need to get them done on Tuesday, and so on. I don't need a task for each day. I just want the task to sit there until I do it, and then not show up until 10:00 the next day.

If I repeat the task based on starting date, then I end up with lots of tasks to get rid of when I finally get to it. If I repeat the task based on completion date, then the times get screwed up.

Example: I just created a task, "test", to be done 12/23 starting at 10:00 and ending at 12:00. It is 12/24 at 15:06 right now. The "Next Start" value is currently 12/24 at 22:00. The "Next Due" value is 12/25 at 00:00.

And when I check it done, sure enough, that's what shows up when I look at things which are "Due Soon".

Am I asking for something I can't have?

-Speireag.

I am having the same issue.

I agree. I don't want so see a "chore" as due until after the start time has passed.

Sorry, we have a feature request entered for this but it's not possible at the moment to skip missing iterations while maintaining the original schedule. If you'd like to vote for this, please send feedback referencing <bug://bugs/40348> (There should be a way to skip over past iterations of a repeating action [catch up, expired]).

Thanks!