The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

auto-arrange by due date within project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i can't figure this out, though it probably is extremely obvious - or at any rate i hope it is, because otherwise it seems an obvious hole in OF. how can i arrange my tasks in order of due date within a project? selecting sort by due date doesn't seem to do it, so i've been rearranging them manually, but that's a drag (ha ha). thanks for any help and illumination!

I'm not sure whether you're just trying to view your actions ordered by due date, or to actually change the order of the actions in your project.

If you're just trying to view your actions by due date, you can switch to context mode and group or sort your actions by due date. (If you only want to see the actions for a single project, you can focus on that project before you switch views.)

If you're wanting to change the order of your actions in your project, you can select them and then choose Edit->Sort->By Date Du…—uh, wait, sorry: apparently we didn't include "Date Due" as a sorting option when we added the ability to sort the selection. Sorry, please send us some feedback at omnifocus@omnigroup.com if that's something you'd like!

yes, i would love that ability, and have submitted a request to support.

although the context view is awesome, many of my projects involve tasks in a number of contexts, so being able to view them all together in due-date order makes things a lot simpler for me.

Thanks for submitting the feedback! It was simply an oversight that we didn't include sorting by due date as an option in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s View Post
although the context view is awesome, many of my projects involve tasks in a number of contexts, so being able to view them all together in due-date order makes things a lot simpler for me.
If you switch to Context mode and group by due date (or turn off grouping altogether), you can view your tasks in due date order rather than grouped by context.

I sent feedback on this a couple days ago. I assume the offical release now means we'll see less frequent updates, but with a bunch of changes instead of more frequent updates with just a couple changes each time.