The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do i get OW to work with Google Docs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, i am a proud OW'er, how do i get it to work with Google Docs...there has to be a way!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattonthemoon
Hey, i am a proud OW'er, how do i get it to work with Google Docs...there has to be a way!
If I recall correctly, spoofing as any flavor of Firefox does the trick.

Payam

Nope, you get the error "you must have firefox 1.0.7 or greater"...no matter what i have it set to.

Well, then I guess I remember incorrectly. How about spoofing as IE for Windows? Anyway, I think I had it working briefly. Maybe I'm thinking of Google spreadsheet.

Ironically, it is the other way around for me. I can access Google Docs, but not the spreadsheet.

Too damn funny!! Ok, I'm on my windoze machine at work, but I'll test when I get home. I think this is the reason why I gave up OW for most google services. I think I had to spoof as one IE for docs and FF for spreadsheet (or vice versa).

So, yes, 50,000 elvis fans can't be wrong, to quote neurobashing. I use FF for most google apps.

The lack of Google compatibility in general is the main reason why I dropped OW as my primary browser in favour of optimized builds of Camino. At least at this stage of the game, its a far richer experience in Google-land with Mozilla browsers as compared to WebKit.

Agreed, i am dropping OW in favor of Camino 1.5 because of the lack of compatibilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattonthemoon
Agreed, i am dropping OW in favor of Camino 1.5 because of the lack of compatibilty.
Alas, I'm not at home, but the Safari 3 Public Beta works with most google apps, at least on Windows. Can anyone test it with their Mac?

Payam

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous
Alas, I'm not at home, but the Safari 3 Public Beta works with most google apps, at least on Windows. Can anyone test it with their Mac?

Payam

Well this is what i thought as well, on my Windows laptop for work, i installed Safari, and tried Google Spreadsheets and got the message "Sorry, Safari is not yet supported".

ah well, so much for that!