The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail Rule Problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While I have submitted feedback to Omni, I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the OF Mail Rule.

This is such a great feature for someone who captures all his actions on the go with his iPhone. I simply email a note to myself starting with "--" and it goes right into my OF Inbox to process when I get back to my computer.

Unfortunately, two behaviors appear when doing this: 1. Mail crashes and 2. the action in my OF inbox appears twice.

Anyone else see this problem?

I haven't noticed the double rule, but my mail always crashes. I haven't bothered to fill out a report, but I probably should.

For me, the rule works -- without creating any duplicates so far. But mail has indeed crashed each and every time that I have sent such a message (I'm Running Leopard, btw). I have submitted feedback two or three times, and also appended a mail crash log to my omnifocus feedback as well.

- Art

That is just about the coolest thing I have seen... since the last cool thing Omni did. :-)

I can't wait to test it out!

This is very high on the priority list to fix; a few folks at Omni are hitting the problem too so we can reproduce it. Strangely it doesn't crash for me. Inexplicable ...

Thanks Tim! It has been said time and time again, but you, Ken and the team are doing excellent work - keep it up...

Here's a thought...

if this is happening for Leopard users... did you do a clean install... or update.

My guess is it's not happening for clean install users, and happening for update.

Try running the repair permissions...

I had some major weirdness two weeks after my update install of Leopard.
Once I did a clean install... my problems magically went away.

Good thought. However, I am using Leopard and I did an "erase and install." Ran permissions as well. Still problems...

yes... I just got a crash as well... theory proven wrong. :-)

I was wondering what I am doing wrong. I have checked off the Add Mail Rule to enable the rule. I have chosen enable a subject with --
I have allowed it from all my email accounts. Yet when I send an email from my iPhone using one of those accounts to myself, the item is not added in OmniFocus. I thought maybe the script has to be moved from the Contents>Resources folder in OmniFocus to the Mail > Scripts > Rules folder in Mail, but that didn't help either. I select the email in my inbox and choose Apply Rules, and that doesn't do anything. Any thoughts???