The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export fromOmniGraffle, import into Mac Word? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using Word for Mac 2011 and would like to have Visio-like drawings in the document, and be able to hand the .doc file to a Windows user and have them be able to work with the drawings in the file in their environment.

I downloaded OmniGraffle and it makes nice drawings (flow charts, in my case). I can export them as PDF Vector Images and insert those images into a Word document as Photo->Picture from File, but then I have "dead" drawings.

When I try to export my drawings from OmniGraffle as Visio XML Documents and then use Word's Insert->File method to pull in the XML file, I get an error saying that Word "cannot open the file because there is no available data view (XSLT)". As a test, I opened (on my Mac) a Word document that has a Visio drawing in it (both generated on Windows), and that works fine (I can't manipulate the drawing, but I knew this wouldn't be possible).

Is it possible to make drawings in OmniGraffle and pull those drawings into Word, and have the drawings be "live", all the while staying in a Mac environment?

Thanks.

Ralph