The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitting my document into a single page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've drawn a flowchart using OmniGraffle, but unfortunately I couldn't make it fit a single sheet (it fills 4 pages: 2 vertical and 2 horizontal).
Since I intend to place the flowchart on a website and let the viewer view and print it I'm at loss for what do to.

Spreading a flowchart over several pages is probably not a good idea, so how do I solve the problem without sacrificing the quality?

By the way, how do change the orientation for an OmniGraffle document? Not applicable to my current document, but in case I work on something that is 2 pages long, but very narrow: how do I rotate it so that it can fit in a single page in landscape mode?

Is this also in OmniGraffle 3, as for your other post?

OmniGraffle 4 has a canvas inspector (below) where you can define your own canvas sizes and change the orientation of the sheets. I think OmniGraffle 3 had something similar, but it's been so long since I used it that I forget.

You're absolutely right! It's the same thing in version 3 which I'm using and having read your reply I tried "portrait" and "landscape" from the orientation button which I hadn't paid attention to before.

As for the flowcharts I've made which are both too wide and too long for a printout -I guess the only solution is to resize it, right?
I'll probably try to do a test-print of a scaled down image to see if it works out well.

Another solution could be to rearrange the whole flowchart. Perhaps I haven't taken full advantage of the available space. But that sort of thing is more like a puzzle than anything else.

As long as the shapes are connected together, is there some form of automatic "routing" function in OmniGraffle, where the computer tries to find the most effective layout?