The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Actions & Sequential Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a series of checklists for work with the menial actions that I have to perform every morning when I go in to work (once a week). Each action is set to repeat every week, with a start time of 9am (start date was today's date but obviously changes each week it is repeated).

The problem I'm having manifests when I set a project to 'Sequential', and then use Context mode to check of tasks related to that project. Once I check off the first task the project disappears from view (I have my context mode set to group by project).

I went back into planning mode to investigate further and I'm finding that when I check off one of the next action, it creates the repeat for next week directly underneath (as it should) BUT this seems to be blocking it from moving on to the next task for the CURRENT week.

A screenshot to highlight this problem:

The currently completed "Unlock Phone" Has a start date of 20th March (today), the 'new' "Unlock Phone" directly underneath is the repeat ocurrence for 27th March (one week later) created when I ticked off the first one. The task that should represent the logical next action is "update teachers" also set for 20th March but this does not have the purple highlight it should do.

Anyone know why this is happening? Ideally if OmniFocus would put the repeated tasks at the BOTTOM of the project rather than directly underneath the original completed one this wouldn't be an issue.