The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What about v2.2 in Mac App Store? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have very eagerly been awaiting version 2.2, and have been using pre-release versions for the last weeks. This is because I need the Full HTML export option (which is broken in v2.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.8.1) on a daily basis.

I am, however, surprised that there is absolutely *no* information about when v2.2 will be available to those of us who have bought OmniPlan through the Mac App Store? I was hoping that there were some answers to these questions here on the forum: Has it even been submitted to Apple? Are you waiting for an approval? How long does it normally take? What can we expect?

The only workaround I have found, is to use my working (AppStore-supplied) v2.1.2 to edit our plan, and then reopen it (read-only) in the downloaded/unlicensed v2.2 to do the exports. Not the best workflow, really.

Hi.
I couldn't figure out how to update Omniplan from version 2.1.2 to 2.2.
I've purchased it 2 months ago through Mac App Store.

Can someone tell me how?

thanks

Last edited by precision01; 2012-09-26 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: ortograph

Sorry for the confusion!

OmniPlan 2.2 has been sent to Apple for review and is still in the queue. Once they grant approval for sale on the App Store, it'll appear there. We don't have any way to tell how long that will take, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
OmniPlan 2.2 has been sent to Apple for review and is still in the queue. Once they grant approval for sale on the App Store, it'll appear there. We don't have any way to tell how long that will take, though.
OmniPlan 2.2 is actually not in the App Store queue anymore, it was rejected because of some unsupported API use that accidentally slipped in when we were adding support for Retina displays. Sorry about that!

We'll be submitting OmniPlan 2.2.1 to the App Store as soon as it's ready to go. (If you're impatient and brave, you can download unstable sneaky peek builds from our website.)

I should note that it took four weeks for OmniGraffle 5.4.2 to make it through the App Store review process, so it may also take a while for OmniPlan 2.2.1 to be approved once it actually is submitted. (It sounds like Apple has their hands full trying to review all of everyone's app updates for Sandboxing, Retina, Mountain Lion, and iOS 6.)

Hopefully we'll have the new version soon. By the way, did you fix the full html export bug?

cheers

Victor

Brian and Ken, Thanks for the updated information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_fi View Post
Hopefully we'll have the new version soon. By the way, did you fix the full html export bug?
Are you referring to the bug where the Gantt chart would get cut off when exporting to HTML? That was fixed in 2.2 (and the fix should still be there in 2.2.1).

The new version 2.2.1 is available on the AppleStore.

Hi,

I am running the 2.2.1 version and still get the cropped Gantt chart?