The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Behavior of activity windows - network activity, downloads, ... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In sp3, the network activity window is showing no activity. The release notes say:
Our first pass at re-implementing the Network Activity panel is in place.
It's a clean implementation but not very useful. :-)

When I bring up the downloads window, it is scrolled to the top rather than the bottom. It does scroll to the bottom when I download something new.

I suppose that the note:
JavaScript debugging doesn't work
would include that the Javascript console doesn't even bring up a window.

The Error Log does seem to be working.

As a followup on my earlier report, I had the activity window open when I launched sp3 this morning. The window filled with activity reports as OW launched. But now it is inoperable. I like the status of "FIXME". :)

Everyone else must be seeing the Network Activity window do something. But in sp4, it is still inoperable for me. I do not have it open when OW launches. If I open it, I expect to have information about network activity. I'm seeing nothing.

You don't see any activity in the window even when actively loading a page? It's just empty all the time?

Not really relevant but I thought this was funny... just how long would I have to wait to download several tens of thousand PetaBytes of data at a rate of 6 KB/s? I can feel an entire Universe forming and dying...

:p

It worked in sp3, but it is now blank in sp4. I'll keep playing with it.

Edit: I restarted my machine. When OW first loaded, the panel operated as usual. When I loaded this page, it still failed to do anything.

Edit 2: Then it does what JKT posted

Last edited by Forrest; 2006-04-13 at 02:13 PM..

To be more precise, if the Network Activity window is open when I launch OW5.5sp4, I see network activity reported. One item labeled Web Pages remains. The triangle in front of it will swivel but won't stay closed (pointing right). The last document loaded also has a swiveling ineffective triangle. There was an HTML resource on that page that had a blue dot at the end, but when I clicked on it, it disappeared. Clicking on the document or the resource shows its address below the field. The text below the field cannot be selected, but the Status is FIXME. The progress for the resource says 333 bytes of 333 bytes, at 0 bytes per second about 10 minutes elapsed (since I launched OW). The progress for the document is 21.2 kB of 21.2 kB at 32 bytes per second.

I don't think it matters which page was loaded in my default workspace, but it's the login page at geocaching.com:
http://www.geocaching.com/login/

And nothing I've done since the first launch has caused any change in the Network Activity window. I see only those two items.

I'm going to see what happens when I switch workspaces. Nothing happened in the Network Activity window as that other workspace loaded a bunch of things including downloading two PDF files that I had looked at weeks ago and had tabs looking at?

So, no, this isn't working as expected for me. I'm not sure how it can be this broken for me but fairly normal for you.

It isn't fairly normal for me either... it just shows a bit more than it did than in the prior sp. It is still very much "broken" for me.