The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Make a workspace form existing tabs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One thing that has always puzzled me about workspaces is that AFAIK you have to create the new workspace FIRST, then start adding tabs and windows.

This makes no sense to me; many times I have started down the path of doing something on-line and then realize I'd like to save the group of tabs I've created into a workspace. There seems to be no way for this, and it's frustrating.

Am I missing something? Or is this a feature I can request?

At least in safari i can save the open tabs to a bookmarks folder.

Last edited by Handycam; 2008-01-17 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Incorrect title

Well, whatever you are working with a the moment is also a workspace, so you can just make a snapshot of the current workspace, maybe rename it and create a new one as your default workspace.

This isn't a good workaround, of course, if your current workspace already has a snapshot you want to keep. I'd like to have the option to save a snapshot of the current workspace as a new workspace without losing the snapshot of the current one.

You can create a new workspace, then choose show workspaces and drag the browser from the first workspace to your new one. This works fine.

As mentioned in another thread - you can actually cut/copy and paste tab(s) between workspaces. Select the ones you want, copy, create a new workspace (and this is the slightly tricky bit!) click inside the tab drawer (but not on a tab) and hit paste!

Thanks for all the tips, I'll try them.

I still think it would be better to have some command "new workspace with these tabs" or something like that.

It would, but it isn't something that is likely to appear in the OmniWeb 5 series (IMO) given that this has been a feature requested for many years now.