The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Warning when trying to quit during download? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe i havent spotted the pref, but where do I tell OW to warn me if I try and quit and something is still downloading?

If this isnt a feature then id like to vote it in ASAP. I've lost way too many downloads to this.

Preferences => Downloads => Downloads Window and check all three options.

The Download Window will be present al long as you are downloading and will go away when you are done.

Not a warning in the sense of asking you if you really want to quit, but a visual cue that download activity is present.

HTH

Peter

Hi pheski,

Im aware of that option, and I have the download window visible. but usually it is behind the browser windows.

And in any case, no matter how visible it is, I would still end up quitting without any warning.

I could swear that OmniWeb used to do this, but maybe I am imagining things. Perhaps it was one of the features lost with the move to WebKit that hasn't yet been added back - or does Safari warn you if you are about to quit during a download?

I know Camino does, not checked Safari. I wouldn't think it is related to webkit in anyway though, as OW will know if something is downloading, whether its webkit or not.

Sorry - what I meant is that prior to the switch to WebKit, I'm pretty sure OmniWeb had a warning system. With the switch to WebKit this has obviously been lost (IIRC they did have to change their download system as well) but, if Safari does warn you, that would imply that it is something that could have been inherited.