The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing Birthdays from Address Book? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Does anyone know of an easy way to import birthdays from the Address Book app (either on the iPhone or a Mac)? Ideally I'd like to import them as repeating events set to repeat every year.

Best, Moo

If you've gone to all the effort to add birthdays to your Address Book on your Mac but you're still forgetting birthdays left and right, you can easily create a birthday calendar in iCal that will import your contacts' birthdays into iCal. Here's how:

1. If you haven't already added birthdays to Address Book, you can add the field for all your contacts by going to your Address Book Preferences, choose Template, and then select Birthday from the Add Field drop-down. Add all the birthdays you want to Address Book.
2. Next, go to your iCal Preferences and, in the General pane, tick the "Show Birthdays calendar" checkbox. That's it.

Simple, I know, but it was news to me, and it's pretty handy. Now any time you add, remove, or edit birthdates in Address Book, they'll automatically be updated in iCal. Cool. — Adam Pash

Send an email to Adam Pash, the author of this post, at tips+adam@lifehacker.com