The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mapquest problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just bought OmniWeb on the November special, and almost immediately ran into a problem with MapQuest: when MapQuest switches to the actual map page, there is an ever-growing box above the map that fills with images that look like Windows close widgets (box with an X in it), and the statement "Your web browser may not fully support all MapQuest features". Clicking the provided link just tells you that Safari is recommended, but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn off the annoyance, short of blocking external ads.....which also kills the map.

Anything I'm missing here? I can't find a way to have OW report itself as another browser, etc.

Rick

The only way i was able to avoid this problem was by chaning the user agent to FireFox for the Mac. Yet another website that doesn't fully support all standards. I've sent an email to them, but i doubt it will do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnb2
Anything I'm missing here? I can't find a way to have OW report itself as another browser, etc.
Under the View menu, select Show Page Info (or press command-I) instead and click the tab called Preferences for domain_name.com (where domain_name is the site you are visiting). Then select the Other tab and choose the Identify to web servers and scripts as: setting.

Note these preferences are specific to that domain (OmniWeb is able to save different preferences for specific sites).

Last edited by JKT; 2006-11-12 at 10:50 AM..