The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where's my template? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been happily using OO for preparing academic papers for some time now, but each time started with the default page. I realised that I could alter the default page, and did so, to a format that suited most occasions … but not all. Recently I decided I'd like a second template. After checking out the pre-formatted versions available from File>New From Template, and deciding they did not suit my purpose, I created my own - saving it in the same folder as my modified 'default' template. I reasoned that having done this it would be listed, perhaps under the 'your profile name' heading - sorry, can't think what else to call it, that appears on the drop menu at File>New From Template. But it doesn't.

I know where it is, and can use Finder to get to it, but that's real clumsy, and surely not the way OO is meant to function. Hopefully there's someone out there that put me right on this.

It isn't clear from your message whether this where you have saved it, but for templates to appear in the New from Template menu, they need to be in the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniOutliner 3/Templates folder (or the root level equivalent if you want them accessible to all users).

Thanks JKT; that's where the new template is - in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniOutliner 3/Templates. But it doesn't appear as an option in the drop down when File>New From Template is 'hovered' over. There are 2 files in the aforementioned folder, one labelled 'Default' - my originally modified default, that opens if I just click File>New; the other, the recently created, special purpose template. The first (the default template), appears as an option the second does not.

Hmm, I would get in touch with OmniGroup directly about this (select Send Feedback from the help menu in OmniOutliner). Quick question first - are you using the standard or the Pro version?

Custom templates showing up in that menu is a Pro only feature. If you are using Pro, send an email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com and we'll figure out what's going on.

Hi Derek. Yes I have only the standard OO. So until I can afford Pro, is there any reason why I should not keep my templates somewhere more accessible?

Nope, you can keep the templates where ever you'd like.

Thanks all.