The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus iPhone, Push Notification & MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
I can only hope they'l fix the UI issues I have with the screenshots.
OF iPhone wins an Apple Design Award for Best Productivity App on iPhone in the "iPhone Developer Showcase".

Note to self: save your UI critiques for non-ADA winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
OF iPhone wins an Apple Design Award for Best Productivity App on iPhone in the "iPhone Developer Showcase".

Note to self: save your UI critiques for non-ADA winners.

That's funny

I think your critiques, if they are anything like the one here, probably give them helpful little nudges along the path to the awards.

Jasong, your critiques are very much appreciated! We'd already removed the borders from those bottom buttons (those screenshots were a bit out of date, we've been a little too busy to take new ones), but we'll also look through some of that other feedback and see what we can do to improve the app.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Jasong, your critiques are very much appreciated! We'd already removed the borders from those bottom buttons (those screenshots were a bit out of date, we've been a little too busy to take new ones), but we'll also look through some of that other feedback and see what we can do to improve the app.

Thank you!
Damn—I continue to be impressed by these Omni folks. Their software is uniquely useful, AND in my mind the support/service piece really bumps them up into a class of their own. They will be getting an inordinate amount of my software budget over the years, esp if their stellar support continues, as I expect it will. At every turn, the sort of comment Ken made here seems to be the norm. Impressive.

It's not surprising that their apps are as good as they are. Keeping people happy once they buy something—which leads to well deserved continued revenue—and listening to what their customers actually want are a recipe for superb apps. What is surprising is that more software companies don't "get" that this is the way to do business.

One of the best things about OmniGroup is their humility and openness to new ideas. I was just reading through the forums and observed that Ken Case posted the news about winning the Apple Design Award minutes before he said he was grateful for the feedback. It would seem that most people upon winning a prestigious award would tune out the input from others (at least for awhile) and savor the moment. OmniGroup has the attitude of what are the NA's to make this a better product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
Still not sure if it would be cool for me to store work action items on an offsite web server.
I'm sure I can't store work action items on an offsite web server.

I sure hope they let me sync with (work's) webdav/caldav and not just MobileMe!

Pjc, I don't think we have caldav support yet (I may be totally wrong about that), but I do know we support any WebDAV server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Pjc, I don't think we have caldav support yet (I may be totally wrong about that), but I do know we support any WebDAV server.
Hurray! That will definitely be sufficient for my needs! (I believe CalDAV servers are also WebDAV, since CalDAV is just an extension?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc View Post
(I believe CalDAV servers are also WebDAV, since CalDAV is just an extension?)
Yes, but IIRC our iCal sync only works with local calendars. (Focus 1.0 maintains compatibility with 10.4; CalDAV support was added in 10.5)

Will I be able to sync my desktop OmniFocus with the iPhone/iPod touch Omnifocus by either connecting my device directly to the desktop via USB, or WiFi over a local lan?

I'd rather not have to purchase MobileMe just for this, or some other webDAV aware web space.