The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Database gets overwritten Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi guys,

I've experienced this issue a few times. I've tried to duplicate it and I can't. But it's been a very frustrating experience, and I wonder if anyone can advise as to how I should be expecting OF to work.

I'm running OF on a laptop, tower and iphone. They are kept in sync with webDAV. The issue seems to occur when I update the database in 2 different places when I don't have the opportunity to sync between the changes.

I will loose changes made (and some items entirely), when I do this.

For example, I recently was on an airplane, had no wifi, and made a TON of changes to my OF database on the laptop.

Then, on the fly and before I was able to sync the laptop, I captured a few things on the iphone, which then must have automatically synced itself.

When I finally had a chance to get my laptop on the wifi network, OF synced and I lost a ton of data. For example, I had maybe 40 items in the inbox, many of which had been translated into projects, etc. These tasks were no longer ANYWHERE in my database. Neither the inbox, or the projects I had created.

I've tried to re-create the issue as a test to see if I can identify EXACTLY what's going on, but actually I don't have this issue when I test it myself.

I've tried to be very diligent about not updating OF in 2 different places without syncing, but of course times come up when this is not possible... I've lost a lot of work a couple times, and I wonder if you guys can advise me in terms of:

Is this a bug? if so, is it specific to me?

Or is this just the way that OF works (IE, it can't really deal with not being constantly synced and update)

And finally: I'm currently syncing over webDAV to swissdisk.. any chance I could minimize these issues with another syncing method?

thanks!