The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick access to a project from an action? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I am looking at an action in context mode, sometimes I want to see this action's project, from the project mode. Is there a quick way to switch from an action's context mode to it's project mode? Right now, I make a mental note of the action's project, switch to project mode, and search for the project. There must be a simpler (one-click) way...

Thanks,
Scott H.

Last edited by lshastings; 2008-08-25 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: change "view" to "mode"; clarify current behavior.

Add the "Switch" toolbar button to your toolbar. Then click it to, well, switch.

You can also double-click on the action handle (that little black dot to the left of the action). That will open a new window focused on the project. I do this all the time; after I make my adjustments, I close the window and I'm back in my context list.

The switch button is perfect - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!