The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync between ipad and Desktop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have still some problems with syncing:

1. Create a new document with OmniPlan for Mac
2. Sync with OmniPlan Repository on OmniSync Server (existing account)
3. On ipad I can open the document and can edit it
4. After finishing my work on the ipad I use the publish functionality
5. Returning on mac I synced again with the repository hoping to get my changes from the ipad
6. It synced but nothing is changed on the desktop
7. I edit something on the mac, after it I synced again
8. Got now the message that at first the changes on the server have to performed
9. Click the button "Allow" and it synced as expected

Problem is step 6. Why I did not get my ipad changes in this step? It would be fine to see it if something was changed on the repository server, or, at least, an update button like on the ipad.

The use of the Omniplan Function in the File Menu "Back to Server copy" will not really help, because it creates a new document

I'm also very interested. Thanks to some help - think Omniplan may be exactly what I'm looking for from playing on the ipad version. Missing some functionality, so considering the desktop version. This and checking on a couple reporting options would seal the deal for me.

I've had the same problem following similar steps: If I follow a similar sequence and make a change to the start date on the iPad, if I try to publish the change, nothing changes when I update on the Mac.

However, if I make the change on the iPad, then return to the Projects screen, then back to the project, then publish from the iPad, the changes register on the Mac copy when I update. Somehow the changes made on the iPad are not being saved until I exit the project. I've only tried this with changing the start date of the project - haven't tried to see if the same applies to other changes.

Is this expected behavior?

These problems are very nice problem which is given by you. I am thinking about this.