The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Add action by sending an email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Update: I have been using Mail.app for a few weeks now, and I wrote an Applescript to add tasks in a "Follow Up" folder to OF and it works great.

BUT... it is clear that Mail.app has some issues. Its not a great application anymore. I have attachments missing which is the most important issue. I really dont want to use Mail.

Postbox seems like the best, but no Applescript support.

If I run both then I double my bandwidth usage... since using Mail over Gmail I already passed my bandwidth for last month, so I wont be using two email clients together, downloading emails twice. Then because I archive email to another folder it in effect re-uploads it to GMail IMAP. So I already have twice the bandwidth usage for each email due to download and re-upload, then if I use Mail and Postbox then it's 4 x the bandwidth compared to just GMail!

So I will try to stick with Mail and just hope OF get up to speed like other common applications and add tasks via email to the server version we sync with. then I can use whatever mail application I want, and not forced to use Mail.

Did you try my suggestion of setting up a separate account to be used only for mail to OmniFocus? You don't configure Postbox to use that account, and the bandwidth issue goes away, does it not?

Have you been able to characterize the cases where attachments go missing?

I cant see how this would work as I move mail messages into the "Follow Up" folder that want to action. I suppose on ALL my computers and devices I would need to add this second account so I can move mail into it. I dont want to forward mail to another address my script may not copy the correct details.

No idea when attachments go. They seem to be older emails, maybe emails that have a new attachment (so in a conversation).