The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

build 903 keeps freezing my mac book during download Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
anyone else have trouble installing it ?
I've had to force my macbook completely down twice in a row .. can't force quit omni focus during the install .
It totally takes over the system .. nothing else will move .

903 installed fine for me. Do other builds install safely? Can you install 903 manually?

Curt

906 did the same .. omni support responded and I don't want to mess this up with a quote so I'll paste from the email :
"We recently discovered that our updater gets confused when the user has an iPod, USB drive, or another disk image mounted as the update process starts. That's likely what's causing the problem you ran into here. "

That is indeed the problem , I"ve got a " LifeBoat " [backup app] install volume that won't eject for anything . Even tried disk util ..
I"m going to contact their tech support to tell me how to get it to un-mount . It seems to be blocking the omni install .

That's interesting. My backup USB drive is always mounted at home and I've never had a problem with installing an update.

I think it's drives with " errors " that might be causing this problem .
I finally got the 906 .dmg to load by using disk util and verifying the the install volume that mounted , then it installed manually .