The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WEB Version - When if Ever? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What are the plans for a web version of OmniFocus? I like the product but am discouraged at the limitations by imposed by being platform limited. My work forces me to a Windows platform and I cannot use anything requiring an external connection.

Sadly, I am ready to abandon OmniFocus due to platform limitations that make using it, while delightful when I do, difficult to deal with due to my environment. Please give me a sense if anyhting is in the works and if so, perhaps when it might arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obenourb View Post
What are the plans for a web version of OmniFocus? I like the product but am discouraged at the limitations by imposed by being platform limited. My work forces me to a Windows platform and I cannot use anything requiring an external connection.

Sadly, I am ready to abandon OmniFocus due to platform limitations that make using it, while delightful when I do, difficult to deal with due to my environment. Please give me a sense if anyhting is in the works and if so, perhaps when it might arrive.
Same issue here. A web version could be very useful (and get a lot of windows people on board I think, outlook sucks). I'm the mean time, can you afford an iPad? I use it in the windows powered office with a mac at home. Does a decent job for what I need.

Rather than posting here, I would contact Omni Directly with a feature request for a web portal.

You'll get a definitive answer then.

A web interface to databases stored on the Omni Sync Server is something we've discussed and are interested in providing, but our current projects have us pretty close to 100% busy.

We can't make any specific promises about when (or even if) one might appear. In the meantime, if you know of talented cocoa or web developers in the Seattle area, feel free to point them at our Jobs page. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obenourb View Post
I cannot use anything requiring an external connection.
Sorry for the confusion, but wouldn't a web app be an "external connection"?

Have you looked at Spootnik.net they offer a web interface for OF?

I use it to tie into Basecamp to my OF and sync all my work projects.

Worth a look in the mean time.

Well, I'm pretty much set with OF iPad and don't really like tinkering with my GTD setup when I should be doing things.

You might try to look at https://www.nirvanahq.com/tour

I haven't really looked at it myself but I am aware of it.

They are advertising themselves as a web version. You can use your web browser on your mobile device or any computer and use GTD through that means.

So developing a web version is definitely not an easy undertaking. It is not as simple as just taking the OF source code and just wave a magic wand to make it appear as a web site.

But at least you have options.