The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.9.1 sneaky peeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wow! Glad to hear about this development.

Quote:
1. Update rendering engine to that of Safari 4.
Yes. Or at least the latest webkit nightly.

Quote:
2. Make each window (or even each tab) an independent process as in Google's Chrome, so that when the processes in one window/tab crash, the other windows/tabs are unaffected.
Don't care

Quote:
3. Allow the selection of vertical vs. horizontal tab bar to be set in preferences.
Please!

Quote:
4. Make bookmarks to be shared with Safari 4, in the same way that Webkit's bookmarks relate to Safari's.
Would be nice, but not a dealbreaker. With Bookdog I can keep them in sync, albeit not automatically.

I know it's been discussed before, but how about revamping the toolbar, to unify the favorites bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
I know it's been discussed before, but how about revamping the toolbar, to unify the favorites bar?
A unified favorites bar would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
why no new web inspector?
Probably because (correct me if I'm wrong) it belongs to webkit rendering engine. That means that webkit should be updated in Omniweb to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlwin View Post
Probably because (correct me if I'm wrong) it belongs to webkit rendering engine. That means that webkit should be updated in Omniweb to have it.
That's correct! Once we update webkit, OmniWeb will have all the enhancements of the newer versions of WebKit that have been included with Safari 4. (We wont be using the trunk version of WebKit so there may be some things in the nightlies not included.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
That's correct! Once we update webkit, OmniWeb will have all the enhancements of the newer versions of WebKit that have been included with Safari 4. (We wont be using the trunk version of WebKit so there may be some things in the nightlies not included.)
Is this update going to be part of 5.9.1?

I think so, unless something horrible goes wrong :)

Quote:
Waiting with bated breath...

i tried using OW for a while today after not for a while, and it is way, way slower than the Safari 4 beta. The user interface is nicer with OW, so I hope putting the 4.0 webkit into it raises the speed to be comparable with Safari 4.

Last edited by Handycam; 2009-03-04 at 05:54 PM..

Quote:
is doctor horrible and captain hammer going to attack omniweb? OHno!