The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

*Please* fix the Paste In Place behaviour Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Because I use OG to create web page wireframes, canvases always have objects that appear in the same place on every canvas, e.g. the header or navigation menu.

When I copy an object on one canvas, and paste it on another canvas, I want it to appear on the exact same location on the page.

The frustrating thing is that this sometimes happens, and sometimes doesn't. I still can't figure out if there's a logic to it or if it's just buggy.

Here's what I need to do to paste an object in the same place:
1. Copy the object on canvas 1
2. Paste the object on canvas 2 (it appears in a different place)
3. Undo
4. Go back to canvas 1, and copy it again
5. Paste the object on canvas 2 (now it appears in the same place)

You can imagine how frustrating this is when I'm trying to paste an object in the same place over 50+ canvases.

Yes, I have previously reported this problem in my feature request compendia 1 2 3, but I'd like to bring it to your attention again as it's so frustrating.