The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New to OF and need help with Repeating Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created an action called "Timecard" for each day (Monday Timecard, Tuesday Timecard,...) and have them repeat once a week on its day. So I have 5 single action tasks for each day nested in a folder...

My issue is that when I complete "Monday" a new "Monday" is created with a start and due date for the following "Monday". This is kind of annoying, but my problem for now is, OF adds the new "Monday" to my menubar DUE SOON icon...

I would like to really only see what is seem due within the next 48 hours. I saw the option in preferences, but that didn't to help...

Perhaps I set this up incorrectly? Any advice? Tips? Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerGred View Post
I created an action called "Timecard" for each day (Monday Timecard, Tuesday Timecard,...) and have them repeat once a week on its day. So I have 5 single action tasks for each day nested in a folder...

My issue is that when I complete "Monday" a new "Monday" is created with a start and due date for the following "Monday". This is kind of annoying, but my problem for now is, OF adds the new "Monday" to my menubar DUE SOON icon...

I would like to really only see what is seem due within the next 48 hours. I saw the option in preferences, but that didn't to help...

Perhaps I set this up incorrectly? Any advice? Tips? Suggestions?
Hi Tyler,

I think I had an issue that was somewhat related to yours... you may want to check this thread to see if it helps any (I'm about to head out there to thank everybody for their help, actually!).
If the issue I was having is related to yours, you might want to email directly Omni through Help>Send Feedback within OmniFocus to ask them to fix the "focus on current instance of repeating project" bug (they have it as a bug, so I don't think they need people actually "voting" to get it corrected, but I'm sure it can't hurt).

I would set it up as shown in the attached image. If you view Available actions, you won't see the action until 3pm the day it is due.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 5.51.48 PM.png
Views:	516
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	1459