The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Sync Server: available for OO? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I read the big, flashy announcement this morning for the Omni Server, that is now available for all.

I can't find any information however on:

(1) Can the server be used to store OmniOutlines?

(2) Will said OOs on the server sync to the iPad?

I also can't find an email anywhere in the notice to ask questions.

Any info appreciated! Thanks.

Anyone? Anyone have info?

You can store data for most Omni apps on it, including OmniFocus databases, OmniPlan projects, OmniOutliner outlines, OmniGraffle diagrams, OmniGraphSketcher sketches.

At the moment, the only automatic sync support is for OmniFocus and OmniPlan. You can use the OSS to store your other documents, but you have to request that the app fetch or store the latest copy to/from the server. Nothing new there.

support@omnigroup.com always works for questions if you don't know a more specific place to send them.