The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective Snapshot Goes Gray after Adding "Start Date" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, everyone.

I'm confused with the issue I'm running into. I have a perspective, and I can adjust it in various ways then select Take Snapshot of... without any problem. However, when I add the Start Date field to the perspective, the Take Snapshot of... options grays out. Is this normal?

Adam

I've noticed this too. If I'm in a perspective and start modifying the view in various ways, OF seems to forget which perspective I'm in at some point. If I want to save my changes I have to save the perspective by selecting the one I want and overwriting it.

I think once you've changed the view enough, OF no longer considers it the same, and prevents you from accidentally destroying your existing perspective. You can still overwrite, but only by choosing it from the list.

Somewhat related annoyance: OF won't let you save a new perspective if the search box is active (has text in it), so to make a perspective with a search involved, you have to create it without the search, then update it.