The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bring back two and three finger swipe!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys,
since I upgraded to Lion OmniWeb's trackpad gestures have stopped working. I used to be able to go back/forward with a simple two finger swipe, and move between tabs with a three finger swipe..
It was super convenient! I tried to turn off lion gestures, but still nothing.
Please bring them back!

These weren't actually removed - Apple's added additional system-wide uses for those gestures in Lion. They override the app-specific uses.

If you re-map the system-wide gestures, you should be able to use them in OmniWeb again. (I don't have a trackpad on this machine, or I'd walk you through the process.)

A google search on "browser tab swipe lion" turns up a number of similar questions from folks since Lion shipped... If you find a link with steps that work for you, please post it here for other folks in the future. Thanks!

If you hold the option key down, the 2 & 3 finger gestures get ignored by the System and instead are passed through to OmniWeb. Not a perfect solution but quick and dirty, plus doesn't interfere with the System wide gestures for every other app.

Somewhat related: a four-finger swipe should still work, though Lion does seem to confuse it with a three-finger swipe quite often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
Somewhat related: a four-finger swipe should still work, though Lion does seem to confuse it with a three-finger swipe quite often!
Four finger swipe in Lion does not work with Omniweb. It simply swipes to another desktop.

I think Omniweb is great, it's faster than Firefox & Chrome on my Macbook Air.

The thing that keeps my from using Omniweb on a regular basis is the lack of the two-finger swipe available in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.

As soon as the two-finger swipe is put into Omniweb, it will be my full time browser.

I have to correct myself:

The four finger swipe works but you have to hold down the "option" key.

So, "option" + four finger swipe will browse forward and back.