The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF 2: No need to shout Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am really looking forward to OF 2 and appreciate the cleanup and streamlining that is coming. But scanning the screenshots on the blog I saw one thing that bothers me.
In Today view you use the colors orange and red, big checkboxes. You shouldn't.
  • In RL these colors are used for alarms and urgencies. But there is no alarm. When I am in Today view, I am just at work, doing what I need to do. I am not alarmed, I am in control. I use OF, you know.
  • Mac software is all about elegance, both functionally and visually. Shouting colors are not.
  • One of the reasons the Things app has been so succesful is the elegant interface. Have a look at it, you will not find ugly colors.
So please, stop shouting, maintain style and sober up that Today view.

Diver T

Last edited by Diver T; 2013-02-16 at 01:34 AM..

The screenshots are of a work-in-progress. I wouldn't be alarmed about it. Nothing is set in stone.

It appears logical that Omnigroup will work on a new themes editor to allow us to create our own color schemes.

There may be some folks who do want overdue and due soon screaming at them. Then there may be some folks who want a softer, gentler OmniFocus 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver T View Post
In Today view you use the colors orange and red, big checkboxes. You shouldn't.
But in that example, all the items are DUE TODAY. That's why they are highlighted.

You've made them due today, because they must be done today.

If you'd prefer them to be colored in "non alarm" black, then maybe those tasks are not really "due today".

Or, since you're on OF Desktop, you use the preferences to change the color of Due Soon and Due tasks to better suit your preferences. It is configurable on OF Desktop (and I assume OF2 Desktop, but perhaps not).