The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you use OmniWeb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What's your setup?

The Way of The Keyboard is the path I have chosen.
No toolbar or anything.
To pull up a website I hit cmd+L, type in the address, press return and the location bar elegantly hides away automatically returning me to maximum screen usage.

I only have one workspace though…

I'd like to hide the status bar, but I need to preview link addresses, so no can do :(

Last edited by OmniGuy; 2008-11-02 at 10:30 PM..

Awesome tip to use Cmd-L. I'm going to hide the bar and try using Cmd-L for awhile. For years I didn't use other workspaces. Now I can't live without them.

OmniWeb ROCKS!

I'm a fully Workspace-driven OmniWeb user (I have over 20 set up for the sites I visit).

I rarely use my bookmarks and if I do, it is normally by using the find feature of the URL bar. I mostly use the URL bar for performing keyword-driven searches though, rather than bookmark entry. However, I do still have the toolbar showing, a separate URL bar showing and my favourites bar showing. Just doesn't feel right without them ;)

I'm more like the OP ... just the location bar and the status bar ... and I sometimes get rid of the latter. I know the key combination for the location bar but don't feel comfortable without that minimal bit of toolware showing.

Mark