The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Crash test dummy Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi OmniFolks,

As of today my two favorite BitTorrent sites <http://www.tvtorrents.com/>, <http://www.mininova.org/> are consistently causing OW 5.1.3 to crash. I've tried deleting all prefs, caches, licenses, etc. and nothing seems to work. These two sites also bring down OW 5.1.2, which I tried on another Mac.

Could someone please try to load the home pages for these sites and either confirm that I am not alone or prove that I am finally going bonkers?

Darrel

I'm able to load TVtorrents.com with out a problem... downloading the torrents OTH is a different question

EDIT:

Haven't been having troubles with torrents recently... OW 5.5 is as sturdy as the great wall of china

Last edited by Flounder; 2006-04-30 at 06:18 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
I'm able to load TVtorrents.com with out a problem... downloading the torrents OTH is a different question
Thanks for checking! I've since got the 5.5 sneaky peak and both home pages are loading again, although I do experience an occasional crash after navigating to two or three other pages on the sites.

Being forced to use another browser for just two sites was a royal pain, but now I'm back full-time to OmniWeb.

Darrel

i'm currently having the same problem here with mininova.org
flushing cache by hand doesn't help either (using OW 5.1.3) so i've been forced to switch to Camino 1.0...