The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.6 Final now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Download OmniWeb 5.6 final here:
http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/

Hi Everyone.

We pushed out a final release of 5.6 last night, this means a few things. We turned off sneaky peeks for the time being. I suspect they will be coming back for a coming release but whether that's for another 5.x release in the near term or a 6.0 release in the not as near term I'm not sure yet.

Near term, we're going to look at some less critical issues with Leopard and try to fix a few other bugs--we don't have new features planned just things we want to fix for OmniWeb 5.

We're currently discussing what the not as near term is going to be. Everyone here at Omni is excited to do a new major version of OmniWeb and we're figuring out what that's going to include. We don't have an exact date of when it will be appearing in your hands or even when we'll be breaking ground on it. (we haven't yet.) But, we're trying to figure that out now and I will let you know when we have more details that we can share.

I really want to thank everyone who ran the sneaky peeks for 5.6. We can't do this without you and it really is more fun when we have a small army of folks looking at each days progress along with us!

Thanks!

Last edited by troyb; 2007-10-31 at 08:43 AM..

I'm using Omniweb 5.5.4 would this be a free or paid update?

It is a free update, your OmniWeb 5 update is good for all 5.x releases.

Great release guys! Thanks again for all of your hard work.

This is the second Day of usage without the 100% CPU Load Bug.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for eleminating this, so OmniWeb is back in Business for me here!
Q: The Look does not fit good in Leopard, will you update the Theme too?

hmm... OW won't launch for me - the beach-ball of death!?

Take a sample and email it to us. (Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor, select the OmniWeb process, click the "Sample" toolbar button, wait for it, then save.)

Quote:
but weather that's for another 5.x release
perhaps from monitoring mining stocks for too long, but for a second, I thought the next update was going to be delayed because of bad weather ;-)

Alright alright, you got me! (Though I'm afraid this is not a hard thing to do.)