The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[Fix coming in v1.14.1] Can't capture location based Siri reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks in advance for the help.

I am able to capture my Siri reminders just fine until I use a location. For example, I tell Siri, "remind me to feed the dog when I get home,"

It creates the native reminder, but never makes it to OF.

I DO in fact have a context of Home with a context location reminder of 'arriving' set to the same address that Siri is using. I am using the small circle in the range selector as well.

Any thoughts? How does omni match the location in the reminders app to an OF context?

Thanks!

Brian

If OmniFocus isn't completely sure how to parse the information being pulled in from Reminders, it'll leave the item alone.

It's hard to predict the specific detail that's causing this to happen in your case, but if you email our support ninjas, we'll be happy to investigate this with you.

Sorry, capturing Siri tasks with location reminders temporarily broke with the recent iCloud update (the one which started crashing v1.13). We didn't fix it for v1.14 because we wanted to get that crash fixed as soon as possible (we submitted v1.14 just a few hours after the iCloud change), but we're fixing it in v1.14.1 which we'll be submitting soon.