The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tag files on download Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Reading some articles on moving from folders to tagging, one of the things that came up was downloads.

I use a download folder on my desktop and that works pretty well (in all apps).

If, though, I didn't do that how would I find those things that were downloaded.

Tags of course!

OmniWeb should have the option to tag all files being downloaded with a custom set of tags. The most obvious being "downloads" which then could be picked up by Spotlight.

BZ

The tricky thing about this is that there isn't (to my knowledge) a standardized Spotlight-based tag system yet. I doubt that Omni would want to implement a tag system until they knew it would be compatible with the various tagging apps that are springing into existence.

As far as I know, dropping keywords into the spotlight comments field of a file is good enough.

BZ