The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Choose Application on start? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
[...] I've been alpha testing OF since June and have only needed to get data out of a backup once in that time, very early in the process. The data has been rock solid for me. Backing up twice a day and on quitting seems more than enough for my peace of mind.
I'll second this, although I have not been around as long as Curt (only a couple of months). I have had several problems along the way which required reverting to a backup, most of those after updating and finding an indexing problem of sorts, but none that ever led to a severe loss of data. Frankly, I had been expecting much worse.

For alpha software, I think this is pretty impressive. After several months of using OF in essentially a production setting, I can attest that Omni's conception of "alpha quality" is akin to what other people might call "public beta", or even "release".

Consider, for example, the behaviour of Apple's own backup software (3.0.3), which still has problems with restoring for a number of users. This has been _released_ by a _major player_ for more than a year.

Omnigroup does great work. Now if only they would bring back the "all actions" filter in context view ... (But then, you expected me to say this, didn't you?)

All the best,