The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.7 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
I am obviously missing something... I mean, doesn't the giant text next to each icon give you enough of a clue as to what the category represents without colorizing the icons more?
Sure. The text is the saving grace here and it's fortunate they've left it nice and big. I think we'd all be lost without it.

What I'm saying is, why replace good icons which are distinct from one another with a series of low-constrast, same-shaped boxes? If you have to read the text to know what you're looking at, they're just decorations and you might as well get rid of them. (And "colorizing" isn't really the issue here -- it's a basic lack of contrast and shape distinction).

But as to your larger point, yes, it's still totally possible to navigate the app without good icons and this isn't a show-stopper. But if they're gonna be there, why not make them good, right?

Last edited by avandelay; 2010-06-30 at 11:47 AM..