The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync through authenticating proxy Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm at a client site that uses an IronPort proxy server for all outbound access to the web. The proxy server requires authentication, using my network domain credentials.

When I try to sync to my MobileMe account through this proxy, I get an endless series of authentication dialogs for the proxy server. Even though the dialog has a checkbox to save credentials in my keychain, every time I click OK, I just get another dialog. This continues until I get tired and click Cancel, at which point the sync fails.

Has anyone had success syncing through an authenticated proxy server? If so, what can I do to end this series of password dialogs?

Sorry, OmniFocus currently only saves credentials for accessing the sync server itself, not for any proxy servers it has to navigate to reach that server. (I'd like to see us add support for this, but haven't looked into this in enough depth yet to know how hard that will be to do.)